Lisa's Blog

it's superfly!

Monday, June 06, 2005

pants

ok so i definitely had something reeeally important to write about but now i have completely forgotten, so instead i am just going to write about pants. pants are great, i love them. also books with pants in the name are very cool. one of the georgia nicolson books is called 'dancing in my nuddy pants' (ie. naked dancing, yeah!) and there's also the sisterhood of the traveling pants, which i haven't read yet but have ordered it. but because that book is written by an american author it's talking about jeans instead of knickers, which just takes the fun out of it don't you think? so anyway, when i say something is pants i of course mean that it is kind of crap. but if i said to an american 'that is really pants' they would think i was saying 'that is really trousers'. which is quite cool i reckon. i think i am going to start saying that now.


1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said…

    yeah I kinda figured what you meant by "pants". When I was just a wee teen I visit the good ol' UK and was promptly told to quit referring to my trousers as pants because everyone would think I am talking about my underwear. How scandalous to mention one's undergarments in public! I wonder what kind of looks I would get with the term "pantsuit"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home